Complete Senior Care Services and Solutions in Omaha, NE, Council Bluffs, IA, and Surrounding Areas
Comfort Keepers® is turned to by families who seek quality home health care and assisted living home care services for their aging loved ones in Omaha, NE and the surrounding areas.
We are a trusted name in the senior care industry, thanks to our highly knowledgeable, gentle and compassionate Comfort Keepers who strive to provide older adults with the most comprehensive care available to meet their physical and cognitive needs while providing a better quality of life.
What is In-Home Care?
In-home care or private home caregivers is becoming an increasingly common care plan to help keep people in their own homes or with family when care needs arise. There are both local and national in-home care companies, as well as referral services and registry services for home caregivers to help families trying to find the right fit for a private in-home caregiver.
Home care typically refers to non-medical care for seniors. In-home care services traditionally include help with medication reminders, bathing & dressing, companionship, housework, respite care, and more.
Home care providers such as Comfort Keepers are very skilled, and, when taking on the caregiver role as an in-home care provider, they can provide quality services at an attainable price point.
Medicare and Medicaid does not cover in-home care and must be paid for privately.
Care in the home can take on a variety of forms and can involve family, friends, and professional assistance. Most older adults, given an option, would prefer to receive assistance from someone they know, family members, or friends - which is why it is not uncommon for the elderly to receive non-health services from family caregivers.
Finding the Right Care For Your Loved One
There are certainly situations when family or friends providing care is not appropriate. If professional support is to be brought into the home, there are a few questions to ask the home care agencies you are interviewing. When seeking out elder care options, it's important to research and vet prospective care professionals.
Ask questions that will help you find the best care solutions, such as:
- Do your caregivers and home health aides undergo background checks?
- Does your agency require hourly shift minimums?
- What are the costs of your senior home care?
Additionally, ask if their care team will be able to accommodate any unique needs that your loved one might have. Remember, the purpose of in-home care is to provide you peace of mind, so make sure the in-home care agency addresses your concerns.
Quality Senior Care in the Comfort of Your Own Home
Gone are the days when assisted living communities, nursing homes and other care centers were the only options available for those seeking exceptional assisted living in Omaha, NE. Now, seniors have the option to receive quality care in the comfort of their very own homes, thanks to Comfort Keepers.
Here are just some of the services our Comfort Keepers can provide for you or your aging loved ones:
- Companion Care Services – Our Comfort Keepers are prepared to lend a hand with light housekeeping, grocery shopping, and meal preparations. They will also be happy to run errands for your loved ones, provide incidental transportation, and keep them company while participating in recreational activities.
- Personal Care – We provide careful personal care service assistance to your loved ones whenever they need bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, toileting, and more.
- Dementia Care – We have specially trained Comfort Keepers who can provide exceptional care to clients with dementia to assist with activities of daily living.
In-Home Care With Comfort Keepers Omaha Can Help
Ready to learn how Comfort Keepers in-home care is different from the rest? Contact us today at (402) 991-9880 to learn more about the services we offer and schedule a free in-home consultation.